First. // If you haven’t started already, make sure you have a notebook for listing your leads/prospects (the friends who don’t yet use oils!). On a blank page, draw out SIX circles and begin labeling them using the categories listed below for inspiration - only use those that seem related to your life. I also have a handout you can print (Click here).
Circles to consider ::
- kids (friends’ parents, their school, hobbies, etc)
- community groups
- moms groups
- gym, yoga classes, fitness club
- PAST coworkers, hobbies, etc
- volunteer group
- spouse’s job & connections
- online community
- childhood friends
- connections from a vendor event
- ________ (make up more!)
Second. // Think through the people you know in those groups. Who would be blessed by the products or by the opportunity? Who would you love to link arms with and run? Who else do you know in this circle? Jot those names down.
The truly beautiful thing with this business is that each person that enters into our team then creates bigger circles either of people they can refer or people they can enroll so the circles keep growing and getting larger and larger. Even when they overlap because of mutual friends and acquaintances there are always those people who are different between your circles and mine and the expansion continues on and on.
Having a viewpoint that you've talked to everyone, that everyone knows about or uses oils, or that it's too late to be in on the growth of this market is simply based on false information. We have a huge local team here where I live, yet I still talk to people all the time who don't even know what oils are, much less use them. Then there are many who only know inferior oils that have given them no results. THEN there are those who have used even Young Living oils specifically in the past but didn't receive support or education or didn't have a personal connection and so it has been years since they've ordered (and can reopen their account with whoever they want!). They have no idea the impact of this product they may have even used faithfully for a while.
I promise you are surrounded by people who have digestive problems, are tired of sickness, need energy, are on many medications tearing them up with side effects, want to sleep better, hate their allergies, are hormonally imbalanced, have zero tools for releasing emotional baggage, feel helpless when it comes to the health of their kids, want better sex, need some side income, are lonely and desire community, need to ditch the gross ingredients and fragrances in their products, wish their skin would ever clear up, don't really want to eat lead in their lipstick, want their products to come from a company that cares for the environment and people…should I keep going? Stop underestimating what you have to offer.
• Just because they said no once, doesn't mean no forever.
• Just because they posted that one article on how crazy people are who do some natural thing, doesn't mean they really thought through it or haven't changed their minds.
• Just because they haven't already asked you about it, doesn't mean they wouldn't like to be asked.
• Just because they seem to already have enough money to not need a side income, doesn't mean they don't have a vision of something bigger?
• Just because they seem to have a lot of Facebook friends doesn't mean they feel connected to a meaningful community.
• Just because they don't want a business doesn't mean they won't talk about their oils and refer people to you who are interested or end up enrolling themselves.
• Just because you think something is expensive doesn't mean they do.
• Just because your feed is full of oils doesn't mean they know as many people as you do posting about them.
• Just because it seems like everyone knows you can take a probiotic and your digestive health changes drastically doesn't mean they know.
• Just because we make assumptions doesn't mean opportunities are not EVERYWHERE!!!
Your opportunities for growth are only limited by your mindset and your willingness to grow and transform it. To ask those strong questions of how did I get here and what will it take to move forward?